18th June 2017 was a historical day for the worshippers of Cricket in India who eats, talk and walk cricket. It was also my best friend’s wedding but almost all the guests who had to… More
You are still here, somewhere
in a part of the cerebellum,
Your love is still here, somewhere
in the corner of my heart,
The way you used to smirk, the way you used to tease,
The way you made me feel totally at ease.
Yes! It’s all still there somewhere in my memories…
How the days were blessed and nights were long,
How your voice soothed my ears like a dreamy song.
How just being with you made the pieces fall into place,
How you crushed me in your strong embrace.
Yes! It’s all still there somewhere in my memories, though not clear…
Waking up and sleeping in with smile on face,
The mere thought of you made my heart race.
Nothing else bothered when you were near,
No rules were meant to adhere.
Yes! It’s all still there somewhere in my memories, though not clear,
Even if they have now fainted, they are still very dear…
Instead of finding an escalator,
I chose to become my own ladder.
I don’t owe anyone, anything.
I don’t mind giving credits,
I just don’t “have” to.
I have made it on my own.
Not many people can say that without blinking.
I continue to survive,
Rather quite well for myself,
Without any sugar-coat, looks, money or power, or, whatever that the spineless humans fall for..
I will continue to believe in KARMA.
Every day she would shed little pieces of her personality,
Every day she would abandon a part of her unique self,
Every day she died, just a little.
Surrounded herself with the people, she could care less about.
For the ghosts of the past would come haunting, whenever she was alone.
She, who would love to ponder, now hated the self-talk.
She, who loved the solitude, now can’t dare to stay back.
Lost somewhere behind those glasses,
Amidst those line of codes,
She was nowhere to find…
Day by day, piece by piece,
She was gone has been gone for a while now…
Exactly a year ago, my friend asked me to write a reprise version of the poem from the movie 10 things I hate about you. And, that is how it all started.
The praise i got for that, made me think, if such a mediocre piece can garner so many likes- I could sure write so much more and better.
And then, the words just poured.
What all I have seen through my life took shape in the form of poetry.
Not to forget, the love I got from you guys. I am greatful to all of my fellow bloggers for accepting me as their own. I love being here and reading y’alls amazing work.
Earlier, moon was the only beautiful thing in my nights.
Then you came in,
Now the nights be always beautiful..
Full moon or black moon,
Starry or cloudy,
Rainy or windy,
Sleepy or sleepless,
They are beautiful…
I am honored to have been nominated by the insightful author of Saintswest (http://saintswest.wordpress.com)to do this Liebster Award. Thank you so much for appreciating my work! I am truly humbled and look forward to watching my own nominees in the near future. What an awesome reward!
This is an award given to small bloggers to help them gain some more views and get recognized.
The rules for the award are:
• Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
• Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
• Give 11 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
• Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
• Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions by Saintswest are as follows:
1. What are you greatest fears?
My greatest fear would be losing a loved one and apart from that I am also scared to death of the creepy creatures. Making a fool of myself in front of people also scares the hell out of me.
2. How long have you been writing?
I have been writing down the lyrics of my favorite song since I was a little girl. I have been writing my own poetry for a bit less than an year now.
3. If you could travel anywhere in all of time, where would you go?
I would go back to my childhood as it was not very pleasant one. And, I wish to go back in time to change that. I would have turn out to a lot different(read better) than I am now.
4. What do you enjoy doing in your leisure time?
I love observing people. I also love watching videos where cute guys do stand-up comedy.
5. What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is pink but surprisingly it is the among the least color you will find in my closet .
6. What is your favorite food?
The list is long.. I like everything thats sweet or spicy or salty but not too sweet or too salty or too spicy.
7. What is your favorite series (book, television)?
My all time favorite televison series is F.R.I.E.N.D.S.(I wish I had friends like those in real life.)
8. Who are the biggest influences on your writing?
The people around me, and how they affect me.
9. At this precise moment, what song is at the top of your playlist?
It is a Hindi song called “Ji huzoori” (english translation: It’s not always necessary to agree on everything with the person you love.)
10. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
I would want to be an APE so that I can evolve into a human after sometime.(I know.. crazy logic!
11. What made you start writing your blog?
I saw people posting random stuff on their blog and being an introvert, I really wanted my voice to be heard somewhere. Posted my first poem on Instagram, got appreciation. Hence started this blog.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- Umm, it may come as a shock to some. A good writer is also supposed to be a keen reader.
Well, truth to be told, I don’t read much. I don’t pack books while traveling. I did enjoy reading in the past. But, honestly, I am not very passionate about it.
- I dont like mean people.
- I can sense if someone is lying.
- I imagine a lot (like ALOT.)
- I am a bathroom singer and I sing pretty okay!
- I am sensitive towards others feelings.
- I like to plan everything. I am not very spontaneous.
- I am not adventurous.
- I don’t have any pets.
- I am an only child.
- I am single.
11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your weirdest fantasy?
2. If you had to live in one place your whole life, where do you wish to live?
3. Who is the one person you won’t mind getting stuck with, on a stranded island?
4. What is your favorite TV series and why ?
5. Who was your first love?
6. What do you hate the most about a person?
7. Which social situation are you most scared of?
8. Who is the one person, who is not your friend or enemy but still bothers you alot?
9. What is your definition of happiness?
10. How did you meet your best friend at the moment?
11. What made you start writing your blog?
Pain is purer than love.
For Love is an adulterated feeling,
mixed with happiness and sadness.
While Pain is totally UNDILUTED.